I use a Coaching Approach rather than traditional psychotherapy. The critical focus of my practice is to not only understand what our problems are but to devise clear and workable strategies to change them, in steady and “do-able” ways. This allows most people to begin using their knowledge and skills immediately.
I treat individuals, couples, and families in the following (and more) areas of concern:
- Anxiety Disorders (OCD, Panic, Phobias, Social, Performance)
- Relapse Prevention in binging, drinking, drugging, etc.
- LGBTQ issues: Transgender and Gender Non-conforming Issues
- Distress tolerance
- Eating Disorders and Body Image Distortion
- Beginning and Maintaining Attraction
- Leadership/Management: Communicating negative information
- Increasing self-efficacy
- Communication Strategies in Work and Life
- Identifying and Changing Inaccurate Thinking
- Increasing Motivation and Reducing Paralysis
- Communication: Becoming aware of unwitting messages and how to change
- Assertiveness Strategies in the Workplace
- Affairs and Infidelity
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Family Systems Approach
- Mindfulness Approaches
- Solution-Focused Brief Treatment
- Evidence-based Treatment
- Culturally Competent Treatment
I loved reading about your approach! Barbara Ryan
I’m glad if it’s helped you crystallize the kinds of approaches that can be effective.